Anti-corrosion spiral pipe(SSAW steel pipe
) is an anti-corrosion spiral pipe with anti-corrosion performance. Because of its special anti-corrosion performance, anti-corrosion spiral pipe has a wide range of applications. Let's understand the anti-corrosion principle of anti-corrosion spiral pipe and the application range of anti-corrosion spiral pipe.From a physical perspective:
The physical principle of anti-corrosion is to use anti-corrosion coating to separate the maintenance materials from external corrosive substances. For example, the anti-corrosion paint obtains a dense anti-corrosion coating through a film-forming agent to prevent the damage of corrosive substances to the maintained materials. For example, lead soap can be formed after the reaction of lead-containing paint and oil to ensure the compactness of the anti-corrosion coating.
From the electrochemical level:
The electrochemical effect of anti-corrosion refers to adding some special substances to the anti-corrosion coating, so that when moisture and oxygen pass through the anti-corrosion coating, it will react and form anti-corrosion ions, which passivate the appearance of metals such as steel and block metal ions. The most common of this special substance is chromate.Application range of anticorrosive spiral pipe:
1. New marine engineering: offshore equipment, coastal and bay structures, offshore oil drilling channels;
2. Modern transportation: highway guardrails, bridges, boats, containers, trains and railway equipment, cars, airport equipment;
3. Energy industry: hydraulic equipment, water tanks, gas tanks, petroleum refining equipment, petroleum storage equipment (oil pipes, oil tanks), power transmission and transformation equipment, nuclear power, coal mines;
4. Large industrial enterprises: papermaking equipment, medical equipment, food and chemical equipment, metal container inner and outer walls, chemical, steel, petrochemical plant pipelines, storage tanks, mining and smelting, cement plant equipment, floors with corrosive media, walls, cement member;
5. Municipal equipment: gas pipeline and its equipment (such as gas tank), natural gas pipeline, drinking water equipment, garbage disposal equipment, etc.
Tips: In case ASTM A53 Grade B in ERW (electric resistance welded) pipe, the weld seam of A53 ERW pipe shall be done the heat treatment with a minimum 1000°F [540°C]. In this way the no untempered martensite remains.
In case ASTM A53 B pipe in cold expanded, then expansion should not exceed 1.5% of the required OD.